Stettler P & H Elevator Preservation SocietyThe Stettler P&H Elevator Museum is a beautifully restored grain elevator-feed mill complex that was originally built in 1920. It is located in Stettler behind Alberta Prairie Railway Excursions. The museum includes a 17-bin elevator, a 14-bin annex, and an attached feed mill and feed shed. There is also a coal shed on its original site along the railway tracks. In addition to showcasing the operations of the elevator, feed mill, and coal shed, the P&H Elevator Preservation society is dedicated to restoring and demonstrating antique prairie agriculture machinery such as wagons, grain binders, and threshing machines.
- Guided Tours: Our knowledgeable tour guides will treat visitors to an exciting and interesting tour of the museum. Explore the elevator, learn how grain was loaded into train cars, see the inside of a grain bin, learn about the feed mill, and view our many exhibits. Tours are by donation.
- Elevator Operations: The leg, wagon lift, and other mechanical systems in the elevator are in working condition, so the operations of the grain elevator can truly be demonstrated to visitors.
- Attached Feed Mill: Stettler’s grain elevator is unique because it has an attached feed mill, which was used to manufacture animal feed. There are only 2 grain elevator-feed mill complexes left in Alberta!
- Coal Shed: Our coal shed is one of the last coal sheds left on its original site in Alberta. The coal shed was crucial to Stettler’s early development. People in the area relied on the coal stored in the coal shed to heat and power their homes and businesses.
- Antique Farm Equipment: Our volunteers have restored a variety of antique farm equipment to working condition. Our exhibits include a grain wagon, an 1887 threshing machine, a 1910 elevator engine, a grain binder, and more.
- Annual Events: The P&H Elevator Preservation Society hosts exciting events each year, including our Pancake Breakfast in May, the Harvest Supper in August, a Christmas Party, and machinery demonstrations on various weekends throughout the summer. We hope to see you soon!
- Memberships, Donations, and Volunteering: The elevator restoration project is funded by donations, and most activities at the elevator would not be possible without the help of our amazing volunteers. If you are interested in becoming a member or volunteering, please contact us. We appreciate your support!
The P&H Elevator Museum is currently constructing an addition behind the feed shed. The addition will house more exhibits, while also providing our facility with a kitchen and accessible bathrooms. The basement of the addition is home to the Stettler History Book committee.
Hours and Admission
May - September
The elevator is open most Fridays, Saturdays, and any days that Alberta Prairie Railway Excursions have a scheduled train excursion.
The elevator is also open by appointment. To schedule an appointment, please call 403-740-4799
Tours and admission by donation.
Address: 4702 - 46 Street, Stettler, Alberta, Canada T0C 2L0
Phone Number: 403-740-4799
Facebook: Stettler P&H Elevator Preservation Society